On sharing fantasies

14 March 2009


After reading one of my favourite blogs this morning, I started thinking about fantasies and how I share them with my Dom. I can't honestly say that I've never held back a fantasy... never wanted to hide it from him for just a little longer (knowing that I'd eventually give it up). But it was never because I was ashamed of them. It was more because I knew they wouldn't be to his taste, so I wanted to find the right time and the right way to mention them.

I usually write my fantasies. I'm more comfortable with typing than with speaking, especially when I want to choose my words carefully. He likes me to tell him, though. And not just read the ones I've written. If I've written a fantasy, he'll ask me to tell him a different one.

It's not something I'm very good at, and I know that's one thing he's like me to improve on. I do try. But I'm not very descriptive at the best of times, and during sex my mind is obviously elsewhere. I try for him, though, because I know it's what he wants.

Something just happened to make me understand him a little better though. Just for a bit of background information, Richard is a complete geek. A gamer in every sense of the word. And I love him for it. It's not my world, but it's a world I can appreciate and understand some, if not 100%.

He and I were going to watch a movie (The Gamers: Dorkness Rising) together a couple of months ago and got distracted. We've never come back to it. I probably should've waited for him, but seeing as he's not likely to have an internet connection for another month or so, I watched it today.

Suddenly I could see where so many of his traits came from. I could understand the need for description as well as where his gift for it comes from. It all made sense. I don't think it's something that will help us relate better because I had accepted those parts of him long ago. I didn't need to know where it came from. But I still like that I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment