My first musings

19 December 2008

I am still learning what it means to be submissive. The first thing I realised is that every D/s relationship is different and it is impossible to define a "typical" one. This is both freeing and frustrating. Freeing because you and your significant other are free to carve out whatever type of relationship fits the two of you best. Frustrating because it may be difficult to find understanding from an outside source.

As for me, I don't think I look like a very submissive subbie to the outside world. The few people who know I am submissive have almost all been shocked when they found out. Not because they feel that title carries a stigma, but because they know I am very outspoken, strong minded, and dominant in many situations.

I frequently find myself trying to reconcile my feminist views with my submissive desires. The truth is though, it's not a struggle. I understand how I feel. And while it would be nice if other people did too, I don't need acceptance or understanding from anyone except myself and my Dom.

And my man does understand me... better than anyone I've ever encountered. I'm sane enough to know that people aren't as complicated as we would like to think we are. Fortune telling works because if you take an educated guess, you'll often be right. And if you're not, people forget about it and cling to the times you are right. "Knowing" someone is the same way. I'm sure it's the same thing with me and my man. But you know what? He makes some pretty good educated guesses. *grins*

0 comments:

Post a Comment