On men

12 January 2009


So last night I wanted to share a song that I love with my man. I wanted to put it in my journals, so I didn't just want to send the file to him. I looked for a video on youtube but couldn't find anything I was happy with. I started to rethink the whole idea and maybe just send him the lyrics. And then I thought, wait a minute, why don't I just make a video myself?!

So I did. This was the first video I ever made, so I was more than a little nervous. I wanted to make it perfect for him. Something to make him smile and want watch again and again. I spent hours searching for photos and images. I spent ages getting the timing right. I'm a perfectionist, and I hate it. But this was for him, and I wanted it to be even better.

Finally I finish it and I post it in my journal. I re-write the post 5 times, trying to get rid of all the "it's not very good, but..." and "I tried my best... I hope you like it" crap and just present it for what it was and see if he liked it.

He knew a surprise was coming and he was excited about it too. I sat there, knowing he was watching. I was wiggling in my seat, squeezing my hands together, so incredibly nervous and really really hoping he loved it.

He watches it and calls me. I'm grinning from ear to ear, waiting for his first words. I didn't know what they would be, but I knew they would make me smile for weeks to come.

"Hey honey"
"hey babe"
"So I'm talking to a friend... and I remembered a story I wanted to tell you about him"
"Wait, what??! No! Video first!! Please.....?"

Honestly, I fully expected him to reply in a very calm voice "Pet, be quiet. This will make sense." Instead, I got "oh right... ok."

*sighs* men. *chuckles* good thing we love them

0 comments:

Post a Comment